my activity is so cute right now (´・ω・`)
we’ve taught girls to romanticise nearly everything a boy does. when i was younger i thought it was cute that boys chased the girl even after she said no. i loved it when after a girl moved away from a kiss, the guy would pull her back and force it on. i thought a guy saying ‘i won’t take a no for an answer’ was passionate and romantic. we’re literally always teaching girls to romanticise abusive traits.
1000000% the things I hate about most shoujo/BL manga RIGHT HERE.
Via Maggie Earl
Stop Racist, Sexist and Homophobic Comments on the Official Star Trek Facebook Page
For over a year I’ve been noticing and sometimes documenting the kinds of sexist, racist and homophobic comments that proliferate on the official Star Trek Facebook page (more examples of posts here).
And I kept hearing from followers: this is a serious issue and it needs to be addressed in an organized campaign.
Thanks to testimonials sent by many of you, and incredible help from some other Tumblr connections to screencap even more egregious examples (collected at this link), we’re ready to go.
Please click here to sign the petition to CBS and StarTrek.com, calling on them to work together to implement a comments policy that:
- Clearly bans hate speech, rape jokes, and referring to women as a group by derogatory terms (e.g. “sluts”). As well, the policy should ban comments referring to groups of people by racial, homophobic, transphobic, or ableist slurs;
- Disallows personal attacks against other commenters; and
- Bans aggressive negative commenting on the personal appearance of other commenters and the posts’ subjects.
See here for additional supporting documents:
- Examples of good comments policies from other sites
- Fan testimonials on why the page needs to change
- Collected screencaptured comments from a single two-week period on the page, categorized into Racism, Homophobia, Sexism, Rape Jokes, and Fan Responses & Comments
Thanks everyone for your support and help getting this campaign together!
"I waited too long to read the sequel, and now I can’t even remember the characters."
A novel by me
"I read the whole series in less than two days, and now can’t separate the events of individual books" the thrilling sequel
Enjoy Kiiyan and Sho-chan in action as poor Ono Kensho regales us with “Boku no tonkatsu — My Juicy Pig.”